Tuesday, July 31, 2012

That's Not Why I'm Here

For the moment, I'm not participating in any boards or forums. Lately, on one board in particular, it's been the crips vs. the bloods, people calling each other out, and ya know, that's not why I'm here.

I'm here because I have few other outlets for my experiences with BIID. I just want to write about my experiences, what happens, what doesn't, any changes in me that occur as I slowly start to deal more with my experience of BIID.

I'm not the crusading type. I'm not someone you'll see on TV being interviewed about BIID, although kudos to those who have the nerve to do it. I'm not going to reply to someone else's post on that person's blog about how evil and demented people are who have BIID.

There are other conditions/illnesses that I'm dealing with right now and engaging in a dialogue with someone who already dislikes what I am likely won't end satisfactorily for either of us.

To those of you with BIID who can engage in these dialogues, who have the privilege of being able to be upfront about it without losing your job, I say bravo or brava and carry on the good fight.

Excelsior and so on.

No comments: